NAPOLI AQUATICA INTERNATIONAL DISCUS CHAMPIONSHIP 2013
The inscription to "Napoli Aquatica International Discus Contest 2013" depends on the full acceptance of this regulation by all the partecipants, who must identify the organization of Napoli Aquatica as the only authority able to interpretate this regulation.
- a. Registrations for the competition depends on the payment of the registration fee (non-refundable) of 40,00€ for each Discus.
- b. For competitors who will enter to the competition a number of specimens included from 4 and 7, the registration fee is € 35 for each Discus.
- c. For competitors who will enter to the competition a number of specimens equal to or higher than 8, the registration fee is € 25 for each Discus. The payment of the registration fee must be made in favour of:
UniCredit Banca di Roma
- d. It's possible to register your own Discus:
- 1. Filling the form in the Discus Championship Area.
- e. Fishes registered to the competition will have to be placed in the assigned aquariums from 18.00 on Tuesday , 24 September 2013 to 11.30 on Thursday 26 September 2013; any delay will not be accepted. Straggler competitors will risk non-acceptance of their fishes without any reimbursement.
- f. Napoli Aquatica 2010 is open to registrations from all over the world. Each partecipant will be able to enrol their fishes in 12 established categories to which they believe they belong:
Categories JudgesFirst Group**
Pattern and Stripe - Brown base (including Snake skin)6 Pattern and Stripe - Yellow base7 Blu solid8 Red9 Yellow* (se in numero sufficiente)10 Red Spotted11 Albino Solid and Pattern* (se in numero sufficiente)12 Unclassifiable
...The organization of Napoli Aquatica reserves the final and unappelable decision to reassign the category of the fish; it can also be suggested by the Jury. If the possessor doesn't agree with the decision taken by the organization, he will not be refunded and the specimen will be excluded from the competition.
- g. After the insertion into the aquariums, that will happen in the presence of an organization's member, the responsible of the jury and a member of the organizing committee will provide to the possible exclusion of specimens with serious defects/deformities.
- 1. Hard rays missing
- 2. Prominent goiter
- 3. Concave throat
- 4. Shape too high of the body
- 5. A short gill cover (operculum) bent or outwards. Are also considered defects of disqualification, all the showy deformations which change the appearence of a classical Discus or alter the body function.
- 1. Attachment of the back fin too much high
- 2. A body that excluding the fins seems too stretched
- 3. Parts of the body with too wide colors
- 4. Fins excessively long compared to the body;
- 5. Ventral fins turn upwards;
- 6. Lack of hydrodynamics;
- 7. The “mouth like a dolphin” and the presence of the notch between the end of the mouth and the head;
- 8. The scales like “orange peel”.
Are considered defects of disqualification:
Are considered penalizing defects:
- h. Will be awarded 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each category with a trophy (a work of high artistry / craft). Will be also awarded the Discus that will be evaluated as the best race in all categories (Best in Show), with € 5.000 * and a special trophy. The best Wild Discus will receive a special trophy.
- i. The competition will admit a maximum of 230 entries with the same number of Discus.
- j. Water quality in the aquariums will be produced by professional equipment, and then calibrated with classical parameters of breeding (6.8/7.2 acidic pH, conductivity 250 ms and temperature 28 °). The aquariums contain about 100 liters of water. The organization cannot be considered responsible for the "healt" of the fishes in contest that for no reason can be feeded during the competition. Suited staff will supervise that any form of pain or suffering will be inflicted to the fishes. The organization recommends not to feed the Discus in the three days before their carriage.
The fishes that will arrived in serious bad health condition will be putted into appropriate quarantine tanks for the protection of other competitors in contest and of the same specimens. Therefore they will not be admitted to the contest in order to be, possibly, treated and recovered.
- k. Again, it is absolutely forbidden for competitors after the insertion of the Discus in the aquariums, to do anything "in the aquarium" and to add Discus in the race unless authorized by the organization. The Discus cannot be removed from the aquariums for no reason. The result will be the exclusion from the contest. The discus, which will require urgent intervention before voting, will be treated (if authorized by the owner) in accordance with the instructions of the staff and excluded from the contest. In the absence or lack of availability of the owner, the organization,without any liability, will deal with any emergency.
- l. The international jury will begin the evaluation of the Discus in contest on Thursday, September 26, 2013 from 14:00. The winners will be ufficialized on Friday, September 27, and awarded at 16:00 on Sunday, September 29, 2013.
- m. International jury The figure of jury co-president is identified in Mr. Carmelo Aricò (Italy - responsible NAQ Discus Contest).
- n. The best fish of the first group (Wild Caught) "Best wild in show" will be awarded with a special trophy and it will not partecipate to the selection of the "Best in show".
- o. The other groups will be judged with:
- 1. JUDGING SYSTEM POINT, all the judges will use the system of evaluation with points (point system). From this evaluation, in order with the result obtained, will be proclaimed the first, the second and the third for each category.
- 2. BEST IN SHOW, the proclamation of the "Best in Show" will be discussed among all the judges who will choose, for majority, the winner among the Discus who have obtained the highest score in the overall standings.
- p. Reading, signing and approving the registration form, the result of the elections will be irrevocable and the judge evaluation will be unappelable.
- q. The awards and then the delivery of trophies and prizes to the winners, will take place at 16:00 of Sunday, September 29, 2013 in the ceremony area that will be inside the pavilion 1 (one).
- r. The discus will be removed from the competition aquariums only after 18.00 on Sunday, September 29, 2013. The organization will provide participants with oxygen and water for the "return trip"; Please provide yourselves with personal nets and packing material.
*In accordance with Presidential Decree nr.430/2001 prizes will be awarded to winners in the manner and form set out in the "technical" regulation that will be published in appropriate times on the official website of the event, prizes are inclusive of VAT.
**The organization Napoli Aquatica announces that, if the number of specimens registered in the Wild Caught category turned out to be "small", at the discretion of judges and representatives of the organization, the 4 categories of the group in question will be merged into a single Wild category, like the categories 9 and 11 that can be merged into the category nr.12.
Naples, January 1, 2013